Skip to main content

Synaesthetic Ramblings

I'm listening to The Cure - Disintegrated.
It's kind of light pink and dull blue with a fizzyness over the colours like bubbles on the top of a stream of water, or tiny stars peaking through a misty/ foggy night.
Some of the songs have a yellow stream flowing through the pink and blue.

Recently found out I only have colours on guitar chords and music played on guitars, but none whatsoever on piano chords. It was a bit dissapointing. But I guess since a lot of people don't hear colour at all, I should see myself as lucky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books!!

Just got "Synaesthesia: Classic and Contemporary Readings" Edited by Simon Baron-Cohen and John E. Harrison. Had to order it from America because Amazon didn't have it. Can't wait to read it!

Heroes......

I was watching "Heroes" season 4 the other night, and there's a female character who has sound/colour synaesthesia. She is deaf and I think its cool the way it shows the colours seeping out of the instruments, the piano, the cello, even when a cup hits the floor and smashes, a blue light emanates out from it. I don't see the colours that way but I think everyone experiences it differently. I've never seen synaesthesia in a movie or a TV show before, but a lot of people are studying it now. If I think about it another way, "Heroes" is portraying synaesthesia as a super power, and I have it, so that means I have a power! ( smug smile )